Assalamualaikum and hi everyone. I have just missed the first class of GE2153 Educational Technology. Because in that day, I went to Cameron Highlands.
Basically, this course provide basic materials which covers the concept, role and the importance of Educational Technology. Students will be exposed to the principles of preparation, utilization, selection and evaluation of instructional media, and also lesson planning based on Educational Technology which comprises the aspects of system approach, various media and the development of materials using Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in education. The course focuses on production and use of various media for teaching and learning such as photography, graphics including 2D and 3D materials, slides, audio and video for teaching and learning.
So I ask my friends regarding the contents that have been proposed during the first meeting. So my friends told me that:
- We need to introduce ourselves through the lecturer’s padlet.
- Briefing about our video assignments
- To register for MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses)
- Join GE2153 Educational Technology course via MOOC
- To write weekly reflections via various platforms (Blogger, WordPress, Weebly etc.).
- Assessment details via proforma.
So I am looking forward to learn something new in this course. In addition, I am eager to obtain new inputs throughout this course so that I can practice them during my teaching one day, inshAllah. As I know, this course is mainly about how to prepare, utilize, select, and evaluate of instructional media.
Hoping at the end of this course, I will be able to:
- Explain the concept and components of educational technology.
- List the components of educational technology.
- Produce educational media for teaching and learning.
- Apply and use digital and print media in teaching & learning
- Evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and instruction.
May Allah ease everything. That’s all for my first week overview about this course. See you soon!